“All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.” Winston Churchill

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Abraham and Martin and John

Didn't they love the things that you stood for?
Didn't they try to find the good in you and me?

I always hated that song because I knew that liberals, in fact, did not try to find the good in you and me. They always looked down on you and me and felt that they knew better. It is the condescension of liberals that gets my goat. If we only understood their higher form of thinking we would not be so obsessed with our silly religions, and patriotism, and our so-called "rights". We would accept that whatever they planned for us was for our own good and we should just accept it.

George Will nailed it for me today in his article on Barack Obama. A liberal's position does not have to be demonstrated by facts or debate, it is simply assumed to be correct and the opponent is dismissed. All the great liberals are masters at this form of debate. It's all a put-down and if you can't see their point you are a simpleton not worthy of argument. To Barack Obama those who don't agree with his vision of government are "bitter" and so they fear gun control or they turn to religion for comfort. Those fools! If they only knew how benevolent we will be when we have control of the government.

No comments: