“All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.” Winston Churchill

Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas 2009

Our household was full today. Full family, full of joy, and I am full of food. I've eaten all day, at least while I was awake. You know, feed a cold, starve a fever. Well, no fever here.

Mark got to talk to most of his siblings. He is in Delicias, Mexico with his old companion Matamoros. They are both due to leave the mission field February 1st. As he told me, everything has to end sometime.

We are happy in our home and comfortable in our circumstances. I am hopeful we can remain so. I enjoy the association with the Miller ward. Certainly the love and respect given to a bishop more than reward him for the time he may spend in their service. I am more invigorated by the secrets shared than encumbered by them. I know that is a blessing to me. May the Lord bless those who struggle.

I am blessed beyond measure. I feel grateful for my life and health. I have a wife most suited to my needs and one who blesses the lives of my children and grandchildren all that I could ask. My children have chosen beautiful and ambitious companions. The grandchildren are most beautiful, smart, and funny. They are all so precocious it would be difficult to name one without leaving out another.

The most noted gifts were two rodents given to Gabe and Claire. Animals tend to become a larger part of our lives than we expect.

Of course we missed Emily and Brandon. Their kids are so hilarious, they would have fit right in. Good thing we got to see them at Thanksgiving.

Merry Christmas to all. Praise God from whom all blessings flow.

No comments: